Engineers embracing digital development to reinforce energy efficiency offer
An engineering company which is in its tenth decade lined up with a new generation of businesses to explore ideas for future growth at the latest in a series of digital marketing masterclasses.
Management from Norman Walker, which is heading for a centenary in 2030 and – as PPS Hull – is now part of Pennine Pneumatic Services, joined around 100 delegates at the eighth edition of the Power Hour, presented by 43 Clicks North.
Other sectors represented at the event at Social in Humber Street, Hull, included health and wellbeing, managed technology, office design and fit-out, signage solutions and digital marketing.
Around 100 guests enjoyed a drink and free pizza as they listened to tips and guidance on conversion rate optimisation (CRO) from expert speakers Andy Lowden, strategy director at 43 Clicks North, Matt Scaysbrook, director of optimisation at WeTeachCRO in Egham, and Jonny Longden, director of digital experience at Leeds-based agency Journey Further.
The trio outlined the importance of winning support from colleagues for your company’s CRO programme, of ensuring landing pages are focused on educating customers and of adopting a state of constant improvement.
They also referenced research from Harvard Business School which showed that only 10 per cent of changes to a website are worthwhile and the other 90 per cent are a waste of time and money.
Norman Walker began his working life in his father’s tool sales business before developing an interest in larger machinery and expanding into the hire of road rollers, excavators, dumpers and compressors.
The company became part of PPS in 2021 and now offers a complete compressed air service, working with manufacturers to help them save money on their energy bills, minimise their downtime and reduce their carbon footprint.
Kim Martlew, Marketing Manager at PPS Hull, said:
“I like coming to Power Hour because it’s a break from the norm and a chance to connect with other businesses in an informal setting.
“In business you can sometimes get tunnel vision and coming to events like this gives you a wider perspective. I’m curious to find out more about conversion rate optimisation and this has given me a whole load of ideas which I can take back to the wider team.”
The Livewell Syndicate launched nearly 10 years ago and, after a rebrand in 2019, has been working with 43 Clicks North to refresh its marketing strategy as it provides health and wellbeing services to individuals and organisations from its premises in Hull.
Cynferth (CJ) Turrian, a director of the company, said:
“Coming to Power Hour is an opportunity to step away from the day in the business, do a bit more of the thinking and pick up tips on how better to do my business.
“The biggest mistake a business can make is to always do things the way they have always been done, and the best way forward is to move with the trend and keep evolving and to find out what other people are doing.”
Mike Ellis, managing director of 43 Click North, said:
“When we started Power Hour three years ago our initial aim was to get 50 people in a room talking about digital marketing so to get 100-plus today is absolutely brilliant.
“The purpose is to nurture the digital community that we have got in this city and the wider region and the fact that we can do this and share ideas is important especially if you are a digital marketing person in your organisation. It will help the city and the region thrive from a digital perspective.”
To view the presentations from Power Hour #8 visit https://bit.ly/3FlxX8c
Main Picture details
Power Hour #8 (from left) are speakers Matt Scaysbrook, Andy Lowden and Jonny Longden.