A year-long hunt is on for the best images of our region’s most iconic landmark, the Humber Bridge.
Each month, the Humber Bridge Board is inviting the public to send in their images that best capture the spirit of that month’s theme, as part of the #YourBridge project, run in association with Hilton Photographic, Hull, and London Camera Exchange, Lincoln High Street.
It is the chance for anyone with a new camera or smartphone this Christmas to put them to good use by capturing the essence of the Grade 1 listed structure. January’s theme will be sunrises, but each month will have its own challenge throughout the year.
Each winning entry will be chosen by staff at the Humber Bridge and be used as the banner image on the Facebook page for the following month. It will also feature on humberbridge.co.uk.
The 12 winning images from across the year will then be compiled into a calendar, which will be sold, with profits going to charity. The cause will be chosen from nominations by Humber Bridge staff.
Dr Kevin Moore, Chief Executive of the Humber Bridge, says:
There are so many wonderful images of the Bridge taken by the public that we decided to design a competition that would celebrate them.
We are giving our Facebook page, which is followed by more than 10,000 people, over to the competition but we would also love to feature some of the images in our marketing activities because they portray the Bridge in such a fantastic light.
January submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9am on Thursday 4th January.
Organiser Tony Barker, the Bridge’s Communications Manager, says:
The #YourBridge competition is a fantastic way for photographers to have their work recognised while at the same time helping to raise money for charity.
We’re looking forward to receiving some strong entries, although anyone want to enter a picture for January is going to have to get up very early, unless they captured a gem once before!
Here are some points to bear in mind when taking and submitting your images:
- Only landscape (eg, wide) images should be submitted
- Images should be sent as JPEGs
- Images should be no less than 1500 pixels wide
- Entrants must own the copyright of any image they submit
- Entrants can submit as many images as they like each month
- Entrants must include their name and contact information
- Entrants retain full copyright of their images but grant licence to the Humber Bridge Board to use to promote the #YourBridge project, for general promotional purposes and in a charity calendar.
- The images do not have to have been taken in 2017 or 2018 but can be great images which you may already have.
Terms and conditions can be found in the News section of www.humberbridge.co.uk or available via email from email@example.com.