Tough terrain and muddy moorland will test the hardiest of Mudders
Tough Mudder is a team-oriented 10-12 mile (18-20 km) obstacle course designed to test physical strength and mental grit. With the most innovative courses and inspiring over a million participants worldwide to date, Tough Mudder is the premier adventure challenge series in the world. In 2015, Tough Mudder events across the UK and around the world will feature a course full of new, world-class obstacles designed to test both physical and mental strength. More than 90% of participants are expected to register as part of a team – to encourage teamwork and camaraderie over competition, the events remain untimed.
The upcoming event in Yorkshire marries daring terrain with some of the best heavy mud the UK has to offer. As well as fighting through woodland, streams and bogs, Mudders are treated to glimpses of Yorkshire’s rugged moors whilst tackling the course.
Sony, the official smartphone and SmartWear sponsor of Tough Mudder for 2015, has recruited Saturday’s singer Vanessa White and broadcaster and writer Rick Edwards to join ‘Team Sony’ and take part in Tough Mudder Yorkshire. The team will be embarking on a tech-inspired training programme using Sony’s latest SmartWear devices – SmartWatch 3, SmartBand Talk and Xperia Z3 – to prepare for and tackle the course together.
Remaining 2015 Tough Mudder UK events:
- Yorkshire (1st & 2nd August) (Broughton Hall, Skipton, BD23 3AD)
- South West (22nd & 23rd August)
- North West (12th & 13th September)
- London South (26th & 27th September)
What’s New for 2015?
- Brand new obstacles: Yorkshire participants will take on ten exhilarating new obstacles, including “King of the Swingers,” a pendulum swing off a 12-foot platform; “Dead Ringer,” a traverse across a series of inclined pegs using handheld rings; and “Cry Baby,” a tunnel crawl through a tear-gas-like substance.
- Reinvented obstacles: “2.0” versions of classic challenges, including redesigned ice water plunge “Arctic Enema” and slicked quarter pipe “Everest”, will put even seasoned Mudders to the test.
- Mudder Village obstacles: Spectators and participants alike will be able to try their hand at obstacles like “Human Hamster Wheel,” (presented by 9bar) a test of strength on a revolving set of monkey bars.
- Fruit Shoot Mini Mudder: An all-new course designed for children ages 7-12, The Fruit Shoot Mini Mudder (FSMM) obstacle courses will encourage them to focus instead on trying new things, building friendships and working as a team. Each mile-long course will consist of four laps around a loop featuring 10 exhilarating new obstacles, including “Tunnel of Terror,” a slide and climb through darkened tunnels, “Gooey Shoes,” a walk across a slimy slippery surface, and “Secret Agent Squeeze,” a test of agility and flexibility through a ‘laser’ maze.
- Finish Line Celebration: In addition to receiving the coveted Tough Mudder headband, participants who complete the course will be rewarded with a free bottle of refreshing Kingstone Press cider at the finish line to kick-off their celebration.
What does this mean for the region?
- Hosting a Tough Mudder event brings in significant positive economic impact to the area, estimated to be £1.3 – £3.1 million per event.
- Local retail, food and petrol sales increase substantially.
- Residents can get involved by signing up to participate, spectate, or volunteer at the event and take part in the festivities.
- Get fit: Interviews available with Tough Mudder’s fitness experts to comment on the necessary training to complete a Tough Mudder event.
- Get the lowdown: Interviews available with Tough Mudder spokespeople to discuss the all-new course details and redesigned obstacles, local event details and global growth of the event series.
- Sign up! Those interested in registering for Yorkshire and future events before they sell out can check out ToughMudder.co.uk to sign up. Spectator passes and Fruit Shoot Mini Mudder entries are also available for purchase.
- Do it together! 90% of people take part as a team, so get your mates signed up now. There are also corporate event packages for companies and larger organisations.
- See it for yourself! Media participant and spectator passes are available for individuals and teams who wish to experience the event first-hand. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photographer and crew passes are also available.